Covid-19 Update 7.9.20
8 September 2020 (by administrator)
Latest guidance from the government.
7th September 2020
Dear Parents and Carers
I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. Further to the letter sent out on Friday, the government has updated the information to schools about obtaining a test for Coronavirus.
The updsted guidance that we ask all parents to keep to is as follows:
- If your child or a member of your household has symptoms of COVID 19 such as a continuous cough, a new cough, high temperature, loss of smell and taste your child must not attend school. Please contact the school to inform us that your child will not be in. You will only need to obtain a test for the person who has symptoms. Other household members will not need to be tested unless they start to develop symptoms.
- If your child has tested positive for COVID 19 they must not come to school for 10 days from the start of the symptoms.
- If a member of your household has tested positive for COVID 19 your child must not attend school for 14 days.
- If your child has been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID 19 they must not come to school for 14 days.
- If your child or a member of your household has a positive test you will be asked as part of the NHS track and trace, to provide details of all those you have been in close contact with.
- If your child displays COVID 19 symptoms whilst at school we will contact you and ask that you collect your child and any brothers and sisters immediately or as soon as possible. Please ensure that the school has up to date contact numbers for you. You will be asked to take your child for a test and to inform the school of the result as soon as this is available. Other household members will not need to be tested unless they start to present with symptoms.
If you have any questions that you would like to ask or you require any further advice, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Mrs C Pearce-King