At Swan Lane First School, we believe that learning is central to everything that we do. Our values and ethos:
- To help pupils develop lively enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- To help pupils acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast changing world.
- To develop the intellectual and social skills necessary to respond effectively to all learning experiences.
- To help pupils to use language and numbers effectively.
- To instil respect for religion and ways of life.
- To help pupils understand the world in which they live, and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- To help pupils to appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
- To develop in pupils a sense of self respect, the capacity to live as independent self-motivated adults and the ability to function as contributing members of co-operative groups.