Walk to School Week 2021
We are super excited to be taking part in 'Walk to School Week' from Monday 5th July to Friday 9th July 2021. We hope you join us and make this years event a great success!
There are many benefits of walking to school with your child:
- It is good for the health of both yourself and your child (regular exercise can help reduce obesity and is good for the heart, lungs and bones).
- Fewer cars on the roads and around the school gates make the area safer for those who want to walk.
- Your child can practise their road safety skills to prepare them for later life.
- It’s sociable for pupils and adults, you can meet up with others. Why not see what you can spot on the journey?
- Walking is much cheaper than coming by car.
- Children who walk to school arrive more alert and ready to learn.
- Fewer cars mean cleaner air for our children.
- Walking to school rather than coming by car is better for the environment.
- Walking is less stressful than being stuck in traffic and trying to find somewhere to park.
- Walking to school can actually be quicker!
Can you achieve the challenge of walking to school 5 days in a row?
Safe, happy walking everyone!